THE Nagpur Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (NMRCL) will construct the Pune metro as well. This was announced here on Saturday by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
The CM was speaking after signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Maharashtra government and China Railway Rolling Stock Corporation (CRRSC) to produce coaches for Nagpur metro at the Butibori Industrial Estate, 27 km from here.
“The Pune metro had lacked behind due to some issues, which have since been sorted out and we have decided to put the Pune metro on fast track after this delay. And NMRCL being the fastest metro work executors, we have decided to give the Pune metro work to them,” Fadnavis said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
NMRCL also handed over Letter of Acceptance (LoA) for the work to CRRSC, which will supply 68 coaches to NMRCL under the agreement.
Fadnavis praised NMRCL for fast execution of the Nagpur project and said Nagpur metro will be a reality well in time. “We are soon going to have ‘best IT enterprise architecture’ for Nagpur city on the lines of the one at Barcelona to provide information about all public services at one go,” the CM announced. He informed that L&T will develop the new IT platform.
The CM further said, “In the next two years, we are going to raise the Mumbai metro network to a level where it would be able to ply 80 lakh commuters. Compare this with the current Mumbai local service which has come to ply 70 lakh commuters in 60 years time. We will also integrate the Mumbai metro with locals and bus services to help the commuters reach any place in the metropolis in less than one hour and with just single ticket for travelling across using all three services.”
He told CRRSC officials that their company will get preference for supply of coaches to all metros in Maharashtra, which he said was going to be the biggest metro network in the country.