A Nigerian was allegedly murdered by a compatriot following a petty dispute on the premises of Shalimar Society in Kondhwa Khurd late on Sunday. Police said the society has been under scanner as some Nigerian nationals involved in drug trafficking and other crimes are believed to come here regularly.
Police said Oscar Michael (25) was murdered around 8.30 pm and George Moritz Olumense (34) has been arrested. Both were living in rented flats in the society.
Senior Police Inspector Pandharinath Mandhare of Kondhwa police station said, “There was a petty dispute between Oscar and George, following which they attacked each other. George stabbed Oscar with a broken glass bottle. The glass pierced Oscar’s chest, causing his death. We arrested George even though he had fled from the spot in an autorickshaw.”
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The incident was reported to the police by a local resident.
Police said Oscar and George came to India a few months ago on business visas. George was reportedly into garment trade. The murder took place in front of the D building, causing panic among residents.
A woman residing here said, “We could not sleep after the murder. We were terrified. There are not many local persons living in our society.
There are 12 buildings and only five Indian families live here. Rest of the apartments are either locked or rented to foreigners, some of whom create major nuisance.”
Police said the society is big, but lacks basic facilities. Hence, foreign nationals prefer to stay here as big flats are available at lower rent.
Another resident Dr C P Chaudhary said, “We cannot stop people from renting out their apartments to foreign nationals. Many youths from Gulf countries prefer to stay here. Youths from Nigeria and Oman also live here.”