A Nigerian was allegedly murdered by a compatriot following a petty dispute on the premises of Shalimar Society in Kondhwa Khurd late on Sunday. Police said the society has been under scanner as some Nigerian nationals involved in drug trafficking and other crimes are believed to come here regularly.
Police said Oscar Michael (25) was murdered around 8.30 pm and George Moritz Olumense (34) has been arrested. Both were living in rented flats in the society.
Senior Police Inspector Pandharinath Mandhare of Kondhwa police station said, “There was a petty dispute between Oscar and George, following which they attacked each other. George stabbed Oscar with a broken glass bottle. The glass pierced Oscar’s chest, causing his death. We arrested George even though he had fled from the spot in an autorickshaw.”
The incident was reported to the police by a local resident.
Police said Oscar and George came to India a few months ago on business visas. George was reportedly into garment trade. The murder took place in front of the D building, causing panic among residents.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
A woman residing here said, “We could not sleep after the murder. We were terrified. There are not many local persons living in our society.
There are 12 buildings and only five Indian families live here. Rest of the apartments are either locked or rented to foreigners, some of whom create major nuisance.”
Police said the society is big, but lacks basic facilities. Hence, foreign nationals prefer to stay here as big flats are available at lower rent.
Another resident Dr C P Chaudhary said, “We cannot stop people from renting out their apartments to foreign nationals. Many youths from Gulf countries prefer to stay here. Youths from Nigeria and Oman also live here.”