The convocation ceremony for the 126th course of the National Defence Academy (NDA) was held on Friday. A total of 352 cadets, including 152 cadets from science, 97 from computer science and 103 from social science stream, were conferred the degree by Jawaharlal Nehru University.
Cadet Ankur Rawat bagged the Commandant’s Silver Medal and the Chief of Air Staff Trophy for securing first position in the social sciences stream, besides the Chief of Naval Staff Trophy for securing the first position among all three streams.
Squadron Cadet Captain Deepak Kumar won the Commandant’s Silver Medal and the Chief of Army Staff Trophy for securing first position in the science stream. Cadet Quarter Master Sergeant Saket Kumar was awarded the Commandant’s Silver Medal and the Admiral’s Trophy standing first in computer science stream.
Lt General A K Singh, the Lt Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands who was the general-officer-commanding in charge of Southern Command in Pune, was the chief guest for the ceremony. Gen Singh, an alumnus of the 42nd course at the NDA, said, “The training at NDA has no doubt been strenuous and stressful, but in the end, it teaches you how to face life with courage and conviction. It shapes your character and builds you to fight against odds.”
It was a proud moment for NDA Commandant Air Marshal K S Gill and first lady Ranjeet Gill as their son, Cadet Shahbeg Singh Gill from the Bravo Squadron, was among the 352 cadets passing out of the 126th course. Air Marshal Gill said, “Though the work of the Academy is naturally confined to make the cadets physically strong, mentally agile and morally straight, the deeper and greater purpose by far is to groom them as gentlemen and warriors, who can lead the men in any eventuality.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
NDA Deputy Commandant Major General Ashok Ambre and principal Om Prakash Shukla presented academic report of the course. The passing out parade of the course will be held on Saturday.