Already facing criticism for the delay in getting the Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS) started on Alandi-Nagar route despite completing necessary infrastructural works, the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) administration has come under attack from the ruling NCP which, reviewing ongoing projects, raised doubts on quality of work done on the BRTS corridor.
“I, along with Mayor Chanchala Kodre and civic officers recently visited the stretch of Alandi-Nagar Road where BRTS is to be started. The PMC has claimed to have completed all necessary work but quality of work is very bad,” said NCP city unit chief Vandana Chavan.
The design of the bus-stops on the BRTS routes does not suit local needs, she said, “I have urged the mayor to direct the civic administration to get the designs of infrastructure cleared by elected representatives.”
Admitting a delay in implementing BRTS on the proposed route, Chavan said there are problems between PMC and PMPML causing the delay. The route became ready for use a few months ago. “The PMC carried out a safety audit and accordingly the civic administration made certain infrastructure changes for safety of citizens,” she said.
NCP city unit chief and party leaders in the PMC were reviewing civic projects being implemented. Chavan said NCP has directed the civic administration to repair all public toilets before getting new ones constructed. The condition of existing public toilets is so bad that no citizen can use them.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More