The Satara police Monday arrested Hrushikant Shinde, brother of Maharashtra Water Resources Minister Shashikant Shinde of the NCP, for allegedly raping a 33- -year-old woman.
The woman filed a complaint with the Satara town police station on Sunday night. The police produced Hrushikant before the Sessions court in Satara, which remanded him to police custody till February 21.
NCP’s district president Dilip Yelgaokar said the rape charge against Hrushikant was a “conspiracy hatched by political rivals in the view of coming elections”.
Meanwhile, Shashikant Shinde, who is also the guardian minister of Satara district, said he would snap all relations with Hrushikant if the charges against him were proved.
Hrushikant, a resident of Jawli in Satara, has been into property and land dealings. The complainant woman is a resident of Satara. She had allegedly approached Hrushikant for selling her mother’s house in Mumbai.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Hrushikant went to the woman’s home on Sunday to discuss the property deal where he allegedly raped the woman, said the police.
Maharashtra Navnirman Sena members staged a protest near the Satara town police station demanding proper investigation in the case.
Home Minister R R Patil, meanwhile, told reporters in Mumbai: “We are probing the matter impartially. Had there been any pressure on police, the case would not have been filed.”