Speaking at the inauguration of the SM Joshi Socialist Foundations volunteers training institute in the city,Chavan said the country should unite to face this challenge.
At this juncture,the challenge before the country is to keep the basic tenets of the constitution intact and we must rise to the occasion. The elevation of Modi has resulted in the breakdown of NDA with Janata Dal (U) leaving the alliance, he said.
The elevation of Modi as the head of the BJP poll campaign led to JD(U) severing its 17-year-old ties with the party. While Modi is seen as BJPs star campaigner and potential prime ministerial candidate,his elevation has drawn criticism from various quarters holding him responsible for the cycle of violence unleashed post the Godhra incident.
On socialist thread weaved in various reforms by the successive Congress governments,Chavan said from 1991 an era of liberalisation has been scripted keeping in mind the poorest of the poor.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The challenge before us is to make the state self-reliant in the field of energy and ensure the industrialisation picks up pace, he said.
Talking about the recent drought condition in the state,Chavan said peoples participation in solving the water scarcity issue was commendable. Through decentralisation of water resources,we have ensured the state will be able to fight drought in future. We must make every effort to conserve natural resources, he said.