Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Monday said the recent elevation of Narendra Modi by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) posed a danger of fascism to the country.
Speaking at the inauguration of the SM Joshi Socialist Foundations volunteers training institute in the city,Chavan said the country should unite to face this challenge.
At this juncture,the challenge before the country is to keep the basic tenets of the constitution intact and we must rise to the occasion. The elevation of Modi has resulted in the breakdown of NDA with Janata Dal (U) leaving the alliance, he said.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The elevation of Modi as the head of the BJP poll campaign led to JD(U) severing its 17-year-old ties with the party. While Modi is seen as BJPs star campaigner and potential prime ministerial candidate,his elevation has drawn criticism from various quarters holding him responsible for the cycle of violence unleashed post the Godhra incident.
On socialist thread weaved in various reforms by the successive Congress governments,Chavan said from 1991 an era of liberalisation has been scripted keeping in mind the poorest of the poor.
The challenge before us is to make the state self-reliant in the field of energy and ensure the industrialisation picks up pace, he said.
Talking about the recent drought condition in the state,Chavan said peoples participation in solving the water scarcity issue was commendable. Through decentralisation of water resources,we have ensured the state will be able to fight drought in future. We must make every effort to conserve natural resources, he said.