A 24-year-old man who allegedly tried to steal cash and a cellphone from a passenger waiting at a bus stop near PMC was nabbed by the victim with the help of a bystander.
The incident happened at 10.55 pm on Friday when Rupkumar Sharma (24, resident of Lohegaon) was waiting for a Pune Muhangar Parivahan Mahamandal Limited (PMPML) bus at a bus stop on the PMC bridge (opposite Mangala Multiplex) to return home.
Accused Sopan Prabhakar Patil (resident of Veer Netaji Wadi, Shivajinagar) approached Sharma and grabbed his collar, abused him and asked him to surrender all his belongings.
- Sangli: Five policemen held for beating robbery suspect to death, burning body
- Pune: Man held for ‘running fake lottery system’
- Panchkula Police arrest 56-year-old, claim to crack 10 robberies
- Pune: Attacked with stone block, Arunachal youth injured
- Man falls asleep at bus stop in Pune, has gold chain snatched
- Lifts offered, but passengers end up victims of robbery in 3 separate cases
He also pointed a knife at him and injured his left eyebrow with it and tried to flee with Rs 400 and Sharma’s mobile phone after which the victim started screaming for help. Rajesh Damodar Kachi, who was standing nearby, managed to stop Patil and the two pinned him down.
“The search for the past records of the accused is still on. We are also looking for one more person who is suspected to be his partner,” said police.