The Kondhwa Police arrested a 37-year-old man on Wednesday for allegedly raping a 13-year-old mentally challenged girl. Police have identified the suspect as Machhindra Dnyoba Satpute, a resident of Kondhwa Budruk. The victim and the accused stay in the same area.
“The girl is mentally challenged. The accused was produced before a special court on Thursday and he was remanded in five-day police custody,” said police sub inspector Ashwini Patil who is investigating the case.
As per the complaint, the alleged incident took place on March 4. Satpute allegedly took the girl with him on the pretext of taking her to a hospital. The girl was unwell and hence the mother did not object. “He then took her to an isolated spot in Upper Indiranagar ground where he raped her. Later, her mother noticed that the victim was not being her usual self and questioned her, following which the girl confided in her,” the police said.
- Narrated ordeal to her doctor: Six held for raping minor girl with mental illness
- Delhi: Accused earlier raped a minor, married her
- Four rape cases reported in a day from across Delhi
- Teenage student arrested, five minors held for ‘raping’ 8-year-old girl for five months
- 16-yr-old struggling to identify three accused: Accused wore hoodies, beat up minor rape victim, say Shalimar Bagh police
- Delhi High Court denies bail to man accused of raping mentally disabled girl
The police have charged Satpute with several sections of the IPC and Protection of Children from Sexual offences Act.