A speeding car rammed into a flex board on the side of Bopdev Ghat Road at Yelawadi, leading to the death of its driver, in Kondhwa around 3 am on Thursday.
Police have identified the deceased as Aniket Jagdish Kodgirvar (28), a resident of Nanded city.
Police said that Aniket was driving his car at a high speed. He lost control of the steering due to which the car collided with a flex board on the roadside.
- On Pune’s dangerous roads, 175 bikers dead and counting
- Four killed as motorcycle collides with car in Chhattisgarh
- Mumbai-Ahmedabad Highway: Four killed in three accidents
- Punjab: Seven die in three road accidents
- Three city youths killed as car collides with bus on Manali highway
- Pune: Minor riding bicycle dies after collision
The impact was so severe that Aniket died immediately. Police sub inspector B Y Raut of Kondhwa police station is investigating the case.
Meanwhile, a dumper knocked down a two-wheeler rider under the flyover in Wadgaon Dhayari around 10 am on Friday.
The rider, identified as Madhukar Todkar (45), resident of Yashgang society on Dhayari Phata, died in the mishap.