A speeding car rammed into a flex board on the side of Bopdev Ghat Road at Yelawadi, leading to the death of its driver, in Kondhwa around 3 am on Thursday.
Police have identified the deceased as Aniket Jagdish Kodgirvar (28), a resident of Nanded city.
Police said that Aniket was driving his car at a high speed. He lost control of the steering due to which the car collided with a flex board on the roadside.
- Mohali roads again: Three die in hit and run cases
- Eight-year-old falls to death while flying kite
- National-level powerlifter Saksham Yadav succumbs, death toll rises to five in Delhi car crash
- Pune: Two of family die as car falls off bridge
- Three of Mumbai family among 4 killed after car hits truck
- Pune: Minor riding bicycle dies after collision
The impact was so severe that Aniket died immediately. Police sub inspector B Y Raut of Kondhwa police station is investigating the case.
Meanwhile, a dumper knocked down a two-wheeler rider under the flyover in Wadgaon Dhayari around 10 am on Friday.
The rider, identified as Madhukar Todkar (45), resident of Yashgang society on Dhayari Phata, died in the mishap.