As many as 75 villagers from Malin and surrounding areas are seeking to be rehabilitated near Dimbhe dam and want farm lands. The district administration has held initial rounds of talks with villagers for permanent rehabilitation and another meeting will be held on Sunday with local MLA and State Legislative Assembly speaker Dilip-Walse Patil and district collector Saurabh Rao.
During the first round, villagers had said they were farmers and should be given farm lands for rehabilitation. Local officials said that during discussions, villagers demanded rehabilitation near the dam. “The government was looking at permanent shelters but since farm land is demanded, the government will have to discuss the issue,’’ said the official.
This was the first-of-its-kind landslide tragedy in the district, officials said.
According to government norms of rehabilitation, the government can acquire land for rehabilitation and provide temporary and permanent shelters. However, there is no rule for allocating farm land.
Three weeks after the tragedy, the government released the initial Rs 2 crore for compensation. The state announced Rs 5 lakh for the family of each deceased, the centre is giving Rs 2 lakh each. “The government released the initial sum and distribution should commence in two days. The remaining will be drawn from the treasury,’’ officials said. As many as 151 villagers died in the tragedy.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The district administration will survey landslide-prone areas. The collector has asked for a survey involving local village administration, Ground Water Survey of India and the Geological Survey of India.