An unidentified truck driver was killed in an accident between a parked tourist bus and a truck during the wee hours of Thursday morning on the Pune Mumbai Expressway. The accident, which happened near the Talegaon Toll Plaza, happened when the speeding truck had apparently dashed into the tourist bus, which was parked on the side of the road for repairs.
The bus, which had a Karnataka registration, was travelling towards Bangalore from Mumbai and was carrying 35 passengers. It had developed a technical snag, which had forced the bus to park on the sideways. The speeding truck had dashed into the bus and both the vehicles had caught fire immediately.
Rajendra Kulkarni, while speaking about the accident had said the passengers were safe as they had all alighted from the bus earlier. The truck driver and another passenger in the truck were burnt to death and their charred remains were recovered by the police. Fire brigade vehicles from IRB MIDC Hinjewadi and MSRDC took two hours to control the blaze
Talegaon police is investigating the case.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen