To establish Pune as a tourist hub, the Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC) has planned a special edition of its quarterly magazine “Maharashtra Unlimited” on the city that will be circulated in various countries to attract foreign tourists.
“The special edition of Maharashtra Unlimited would have various important destinations from the city along with the exclusive characteristics of the city culture. There would be articles and photo features highlighting the interesting facets of life in the city,” said Narayan Gurav, Regional Manager, MTDC, in a communication to the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC).
Copies of the special issue would also be given to the PMC for distribution. A total of 14,000 copies of the issue would be made available to the civic body at price less than the actual selling price.The civic administration, while seeking the permission of the standing committee to pay Rs 3 lakh as advance to the MTDC for the initiative, said there was a need to market Pune as a tourist destination.
“The development of tourism industry in the city would provide an opportunity for economic growth and also ensure employment generation,” said Municipal Commissioner Vikas Deshmukh. “The city has a hotel industry, an architecture college, a travel industry, the information technology sector and educational institutes and these would also contribute towards promoting the city as a tourist destination,” he said, adding that the success of tourism industry would have a good impact on projecting the city world over.
Deshmukh added: “A lot of things are there in the city to attract tourists, and putting them together in a booklet or a magazine that is distributed all over would catch the eye of foreigners.”
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
The city has its historical importance and there are places that highlight the contribution made by the city before and after Independence. The PMC has been taking up projects for conservation of the historical structures and planned several to promote tourism. The Heritage Walk initiative helps tourists understand the city’s history and culture by paying visit to the heritage structures.
For the city to be known as a tourist destination, the PMC has also joined the group of cities promoting tourism and participate in the annual gathering to understand and share the initiatives of various cities of the world working towards attracting tourists.
The civic body recently managed to get a place for the Rajiv Gandhi Zoo run by it at Katraj in the elite group of World Association of Zoos and Aquariums.