While the electoral success of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in the Delhi Assembly polls continue to be talking point in city,the party has decided to contest in all the 48 Lok Sabha seats in the state. Anjali Damania,AAP state convenor,said the Delhi success has swelled the rank and file of the party with many former bureaucrats,activists and common man joining them.
Prior to the Delhi elections the think-tank of the party had decided to contest seats where the party had managed to make its presence felt. The seats were Pune,Mumbai Buldhana,Nashik,Jalna,Beed to name a few. Even as Pune and Mumbai were epicentres for the movement in the state,senior leaders like Damania,Mayank Gandhi and others also extensively toured the drought-affected areas of Marathwada. Damania had also taken up the issue of land grabs in various parts of the state,which had shot her to prominence.
The candidate selection process has already started with talks on at the local levels. It would be finalised on December 22 in Aurangabad at the first state-level conference of the party, she said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Rajesh Mittal,AAPs city coordinator,said the party would field its candidate for the Pune city Loksabha seat. At present the strength of the volunteers in the city is more than 500 and we are undertaking a special drive to increase it, he said. Volunteer enrolement drives outside colleges,housing societies are being arranged.
Party leaders said the large number of young voters in the city have played a key role in the partys growth in the past. The party is now now trying to map out the electoral history and voting trends in the city. This will help them decide the future strategy and also analyse how to fine-tune their campaign. Sources said the party is keen to field a young candidate from the city,a strategy which had worked for the party in New Delhi
Among senior party leaders,it is learnt that Mayank Gandhi is sure to contest while decision for other leaders will be taken shorty. As per the partys constitution,every such decision would be taken at the local level. Party chief Arvind Kejriwal will campaign in all Lok Sabha constitutencies in the state.