While the electoral success of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in the Delhi Assembly polls continue to be talking point in city,the party has decided to contest in all the 48 Lok Sabha seats in the state. Anjali Damania,AAP state convenor,said the Delhi success has swelled the rank and file of the party with many former bureaucrats,activists and common man joining them.
Prior to the Delhi elections the think-tank of the party had decided to contest seats where the party had managed to make its presence felt. The seats were Pune,Mumbai Buldhana,Nashik,Jalna,Beed to name a few. Even as Pune and Mumbai were epicentres for the movement in the state,senior leaders like Damania,Mayank Gandhi and others also extensively toured the drought-affected areas of Marathwada. Damania had also taken up the issue of land grabs in various parts of the state,which had shot her to prominence.
The candidate selection process has already started with talks on at the local levels. It would be finalised on December 22 in Aurangabad at the first state-level conference of the party, she said.
Rajesh Mittal,AAPs city coordinator,said the party would field its candidate for the Pune city Loksabha seat. At present the strength of the volunteers in the city is more than 500 and we are undertaking a special drive to increase it, he said. Volunteer enrolement drives outside colleges,housing societies are being arranged.
Party leaders said the large number of young voters in the city have played a key role in the partys growth in the past. The party is now now trying to map out the electoral history and voting trends in the city. This will help them decide the future strategy and also analyse how to fine-tune their campaign. Sources said the party is keen to field a young candidate from the city,a strategy which had worked for the party in New Delhi
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Among senior party leaders,it is learnt that Mayank Gandhi is sure to contest while decision for other leaders will be taken shorty. As per the partys constitution,every such decision would be taken at the local level. Party chief Arvind Kejriwal will campaign in all Lok Sabha constitutencies in the state.