The Pune rural police have lodged an offence against Kisan Dhavji Rathod and his brother Pandit Dhavji Rathod for their alleged unauthorised constructions on and around the Katraj Hill,which are believed to have caused the flashfloods during the rains at Shindewadi last Thursday.
A car was washed away as gushing water and debris from the hill caused water logging near the Katraj tunnel at Shindewadi,causing the death of a woman and a child. The body of the woman,identified as Vishakha Sachin Wadekar (31),was found on June 7.
In spite of a massive search operation,the body of her one-and-a-half-year daughter Sanskruti could not be found until Wednesday afternoon. Her body was found behind the Mauli garden building,about 4 km from where the incident took place.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Bhor tehsildar Ramchandra Choube filed a complaint of unauthrorised constructions against the Rathods at Rajgad police station late on Tuesday evening. We have booked the Rathods under Sections 52,53 of the Maharashtra Regional and Town Planning Act 1966. Apparently,an accidental death case has been registered in connection with the death of the mother-daughter duo due to the flood at Shindewadi.
Investigation of the accidental deaths is being carried out separately. If the investigation reveals that Rathods were responsible for these deaths,action would be initiated against them as per law, said additional superintendent of police Ravindrasinh Pardeshi.
As per the complaint,district administration had repeatedly issued notices to Rathod for unauthorised constructions on Katraj hill. He allegedly carried out construction work on a 2800-square-feet area on survey number 112/A. It damaged the natural drainage system and affected the natural flow of water,which is believed to have caused the floods.
In fact,the district administration had fined him twice. In April 2011,a fine of Rs 56,57,300 was imposed on him. Then in January 2013,a fine of Rs 12,71,200 was imposed on him again. But on both the occasions,he did not pay the fine and managed to get a stay order over the case.
Recently,a notice was issued to him on February 7,2013 for the same reason. He was asked to stop the construction work by February 28. But he continued with it,including an automobile service station,all of which was razed during a special anti-encroachment drive on Tuesday.
The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) had also issued a notice to Rathod in August 2011 for the same offence. In 2011,NHAI had also written to the district collector,sending along with it photographs and videos of the constructions in question. Still,Rathod refused to stop the unauthorised construction.
Citizen finds Sanskrutis body
While a massive search operation for the body of the baby girl,Sanskruti Wadekar,did not yield any result,a citizen found it wedged behind Mauli garden building on Wednesday afternoon.
Around 1.40 pm on Wednesday,activist Rajendra Jaju,who is part of a group of social activists and local residents,who carried out searches on their own,found the body.
Jaju said,We were searching for the body since morning. We were in touch with a policeman. We found Saraswatis body in a decomposed state behind Mauli garden building. We then informed the police for further action.