City leaders Vishwajeet Kadam, Kamal Vyavahare and Ramesh Bagwe feature in a list of ‘45 star campaigners’ prepared by the Congress. The list also includes Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and party Vice-President Rahul Gandhi. The three-phase election in the state are scheduled for April 10, 17 and 24.
Kadam, who is contesting from Pune Lok Sabha seat, will also campaign for other Congress candidates as he is the president of state youth wing of the party. He was twice elected as the state unit chief as part of Rahul Gandhi’s organisational reforms.
Similarly, Vyavahare has made it to the list as she is the chief of the state women wing of the Congress. She is a former mayor and had also staked claim to contest Lok Sabha elections from the city.
Bagwe, a legislator from the city and a former minister in the state cabinet, has been included in the list owing to his influence on the minority community.
He is likely to campaign for party candidates in minority dominated areas.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More