City leaders Vishwajeet Kadam, Kamal Vyavahare and Ramesh Bagwe feature in a list of ‘45 star campaigners’ prepared by the Congress. The list also includes Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and party Vice-President Rahul Gandhi. The three-phase election in the state are scheduled for April 10, 17 and 24.
Kadam, who is contesting from Pune Lok Sabha seat, will also campaign for other Congress candidates as he is the president of state youth wing of the party. He was twice elected as the state unit chief as part of Rahul Gandhi’s organisational reforms.
Similarly, Vyavahare has made it to the list as she is the chief of the state women wing of the Congress. She is a former mayor and had also staked claim to contest Lok Sabha elections from the city.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Bagwe, a legislator from the city and a former minister in the state cabinet, has been included in the list owing to his influence on the minority community.
He is likely to campaign for party candidates in minority dominated areas.