- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Kadam, Vyavahare, Bagwe in Congress star campaigners’ list
City leaders Vishwajeet Kadam, Kamal Vyavahare and Ramesh Bagwe feature in a list of ‘45 star campaigners’ prepared by the Congress. The list also includes Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and party Vice-President Rahul Gandhi. The three-phase election in the state are scheduled for April 10, 17 and 24.
Kadam, who is contesting from Pune Lok Sabha seat, will also campaign for other Congress candidates as he is the president of state youth wing of the party. He was twice elected as the state unit chief as part of Rahul Gandhi’s organisational reforms.
Similarly, Vyavahare has made it to the list as she is the chief of the state women wing of the Congress. She is a former mayor and had also staked claim to contest Lok Sabha elections from the city.
Bagwe, a legislator from the city and a former minister in the state cabinet, has been included in the list owing to his influence on the minority community.
He is likely to campaign for party candidates in minority dominated areas.