Primary investigation into the low intensity explosion at the parking lot of Faraskhana police station on Thursday hints at use of a mixture of nitrates and firecracker powder in the Improvised Explosive Device (IED).
Samples collected from the blast site by the bomb detection and disposal squad were sent for tests to the Forensic Science Lab (FSL). Teams from the National Security Guard (NSG) and CRPF’s Institute of IED Management also collected samples from the site.
An officer of one of the agencies investigating the case said a detailed report by the FSL is awaited. But primary tests point to use of nitrates mixed with fuel oil and three more substances, which are components of firecracker powder, also called flash powder.
Potassium chlorate, charcoal and aluminium metal powder appear to have been used.
“All these are primary observations and indications. We should consider the fact that these samples have been collected from the ground and there is a possibility of contamination,” said an investigator.
A senior officer of the Institute of IED Management of the CRPF said, “There have been terror attacks in the past in which this combination of nitrate and firecracker powder has been used.” “
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He added, “The type of explosion points at use of battery powered timer device with an electric trigger. It will be important to know what container has been used in this blast. In some past attacks, pressure cookers, metal cylinder or wooden boxes have been used. The type of container is a deciding factor for the impact of the blast.”