Hungarys world record holder,Sidi Peters,showed his class to win the 10m Air Rifle gold medal at the third edition of the Sanjay Kakade Group Gun for Glory shooting championship being held at the shooting range of the Balewadi sports complex.
Peters had to shoot in the qualification round on Saturday,due to his rifle being held back by Customs in Mumbai. But the Hungarian was on the mark and finished with a score of 207. Maharashtras Rupvikas Ghag clinched silver with a score of 202.1,while the bronze went to Ekambir Mandi,who scored 181.6.
Amanpreet Singh of ONGC saw off the challenge from Samresh Jung to win the gold in the mens 10m Air Pistol event. Amanpreet scored 197 points,with Jung scoring 196.5. Bronze medal winner Balbir Singh of Rajasthan was way behind with a score of 177.1.
The championship will witness its most popular event,the Challenger Cup,on Sunday. The event,which is known for its unique style,will see the top four men and women shooters in the 10m Air Rifle and 10m Air Pistol category challenge each other for top honours.
In the Surendra Singh national school shooting championship,which is also being held simultaneously,Tamil Nadus B S Mithesh clinched the gold in the 10m Air Rifle event. Maharashtras Kaushal Mahadik and Ashay Bhave won the silver and bronze medal respectively. In the girls air rifle event,Delhis Aditi Singh clinched the gold,while Rajasthan duo of Rashmi Takhar and Geetakshi Dixit won silver and bronze respectively.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In the Boys 10m Air Pistol event,the gold went to Visha of UP,with West Bengals Arjun Das winning silver,and UPs Rohan Dev Singh winning bronze. In the girls Air Pistol event,Keralas D Abhinaya clinched gold,followed by Maharashtras Revati Kadam and Andhras Saba Fatima.