The Indian Institute of Materials Management (IIMM) on Saturday honoured industries and individuals for creditable contribution in their sphere of activity at a seminar on ‘Managing Scalability through Supply Chain Management’ organised at a city hotel.
Among those honoured included – Manufacturing Sector: AGSA Springs Pvt. Ltd. (Small Scale), ZF India Pvt. Ltd. (Medium Scale), Mahle-Behr Pvt, Ltd. (Large Scale); Service Sector: Spectrum Enterprises (Small Scale), Mira Inform Pvt. Ltd. (Medium Scale) and BVG India Pvt. Ltd. and Persistent Systems Limited (Large Scale).
- Paradise Papers: Indian company owners whose identities are out in open
- Paradise Papers: Appleby records lift veil on rift among stakeholders in Africa mining project
- Second firm set up by Punjab Minister Rana Gurjit Singh also invested in mine auction
- Punjab Minister set up firm that helped fund sand mine auction
- CSR norms: From hospital to missionary group, 32 major entities in ‘violation’
- Tata Motors bags Rajiv Gandhi quality award
While Spear Logistics and Abhi-Impact Logistics Solutions Pvt. Ltd. bagged the logistics company of the year award, public sector enterprise of the year award was given to Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC).
The CEO of the year honour went to Ajay Tandon, CEO, Tata Autocomp Systems Limited (TACO) for transforming the company in the last few years. The life time achievement award was bagged by Rathi family, the pioneers to start the industrial activity in 1941, the second industry in Pune.
Mohan Nair, Chairman, IIMM, Pune branch, said the award recognised the best practices in supply chain management (SCM) in manufacturing and service sector.
The chief guest for the function Jehangir Ardeshir, Group CEO, Forbes Marshall Limited, gave away the prizes.
The inaugural function held in the morning was chaired by M S Unnikrishnan, MD and CEO, Thermax Group, and P C Nambiar, director, Group EXIM of Poonawalla Group of Companies, was the keynote speaker.