A 76-year-old woman was robbed of her gold chain worth Rs 56,000 by two unidentified persons at her residence in Nigdi Pradhikaran on Saturday. The victim has been identified as Shailaja Mukund Walimbe.
Police said that two motorcycle-borne youths reached Walimbe’s house around 4 pm. One of them entered her house and told Walimbe that he was Sanju and asked if she remembered him. But the old woman told him that she did not recognise him and he should leave. However, the suspect pushed her back and snatched her gold chain and fled from the spot, they added.
Police said Walimbe was in a state of shock and called up his grandson, who then lodged a complaint Nigdi police station on Sunday. Police Sub-Inspector P D Pawar is investigating the case.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
In another incident, two motorcycle-borne youths snatched a gold chain worth Rs 90,000 from 74-year-old woman on Paud Road in Kothrud around 7.30 pm on Sunday. The victim, Vinaya Devdhar Panse, lodged a complaint at Kothrud police station. Police said that Panse was participating in Holi festival rituals outside her house when the suspects snatched her chain and fled from the spot.
In Karve Nagar, two motorcycle-borne youths snatched a gold chain worth Rs 70,000 from 64-year-old Rajani Madhukar Pandit when she was out for a morning walk near her house around 7.45 pm on Monday. Pandit lodged a complaint at Kothrud police station.
Similarly, two youths came on a motorcycle and snatched a gold chain worth Rs 60,000 from Madhubala Gautam Gugale (40) in Bibvewadi around 7 am on Monday. She lodged a complaint at Bibvewadi police station.