A total of 22 people have been admitted to the YCM Hospital out of which four are in ICU. At least 85 people suffered food poisoning after having maha-prasad at a religious ceremony on Friday at Bhagwanti Devi Trust at Kalewadi in Pimpri. A 32-year-old woman is critical,Dr S B Gaikwad,medical officer of health,Pimpri Chinchwad municipal corporation said. Condition of most people,who got themselves admitted in different hospitals in Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad,is said to be stable. Nearly 25,000 devotees were served chapatis,rice,sambar and sheera during the ceremony,police said. FDA joint commissioner Shashikant Kekare said that they would launch a probe into the incident. Reports of the samples sent for testing is awaited.
Written by Express News Service | Published: March 6, 2013 1:17 am