A fire was reported from the Phoneix Mall in Pune during the early hours of Thursday. Located on the busy Pune-Ahmednagar Road, the Mall is one of the biggest shopping destinations in Pune.
Vimantal police said the fire was reported at around 06.50 in the morning, when smoke was seen emanating from one of the garment shops in the premises. Four to five fire tenders were pressed into service, and the fire was doused in an hour. The work of ascertaining the damages and the exact cause of fire was going on and is expected to be done in the next few hours.
No loss of life was reported, with the preliminary findings of the Vimantal police stating that the fire had gutted many garment shops. “We suspect the fire might have started in a garment shop and it spread acorss,” said an officer of the police station.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
With three floors, this Mall has many international brands and also has major entertainment hubs present. This would be the second incident of mall fire in Pune in the last one year. A major fire was reported from a mall located on the Pune Ahmednagar Road, last year also, which had suspended the Mall operations for some time.