A fire was reported from the Phoneix Mall in Pune during the early hours of Thursday. Located on the busy Pune-Ahmednagar Road, the Mall is one of the biggest shopping destinations in Pune.
Vimantal police said the fire was reported at around 06.50 in the morning, when smoke was seen emanating from one of the garment shops in the premises. Four to five fire tenders were pressed into service, and the fire was doused in an hour. The work of ascertaining the damages and the exact cause of fire was going on and is expected to be done in the next few hours.
No loss of life was reported, with the preliminary findings of the Vimantal police stating that the fire had gutted many garment shops. “We suspect the fire might have started in a garment shop and it spread acorss,” said an officer of the police station.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
With three floors, this Mall has many international brands and also has major entertainment hubs present. This would be the second incident of mall fire in Pune in the last one year. A major fire was reported from a mall located on the Pune Ahmednagar Road, last year also, which had suspended the Mall operations for some time.