A fire was reported from the Phoneix Mall in Pune during the early hours of Thursday. Located on the busy Pune-Ahmednagar Road, the Mall is one of the biggest shopping destinations in Pune.
Vimantal police said the fire was reported at around 06.50 in the morning, when smoke was seen emanating from one of the garment shops in the premises. Four to five fire tenders were pressed into service, and the fire was doused in an hour. The work of ascertaining the damages and the exact cause of fire was going on and is expected to be done in the next few hours.
No loss of life was reported, with the preliminary findings of the Vimantal police stating that the fire had gutted many garment shops. “We suspect the fire might have started in a garment shop and it spread acorss,” said an officer of the police station.
With three floors, this Mall has many international brands and also has major entertainment hubs present. This would be the second incident of mall fire in Pune in the last one year. A major fire was reported from a mall located on the Pune Ahmednagar Road, last year also, which had suspended the Mall operations for some time.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More