On friday,when fire broke out at Inorbit Mall,the first ones to reach the spot were the officers and personnel of Lohegaon-based Indian Air Force 2.
The IAF Wing received information of the fire at 10 pm,which in turn informed local police.
Local police station reverted back saying IAF is required. By 11 pm,two crash fire tenders were pressed into action, an IAF official.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Around 50 air force personnel eight officers and 40 other ranks worked till 2.30 am with the Pune fire brigade personnel. The IAF has four-five crash fire tenders.
A statement issued by Inorbit Malls on Saturday said,Last nights fire was due to a short circuit at the first level of Inorbit Mall. The fire was brought under control. The mall was evacuated and no one was hurt. Our fire fighting systems along with advanced fire fighting equipment from the fire authorities and the Air Force were pressed into service and helped contain the fire to a great extent.
We are cooperating with investigating authorities to take stock of the situation and the gauge the damage to property.