Shiv Sena corporator Prithviraj Sutar has urged the civic body to bring down the eligibility criterion for the scholarship scheme named after Sharda Pawar, mother of NCP chief Sharad Pawar, for class X and XII students of civic schools from 85 per cent to 80 per cent.
Last year, the ruling NCP-Congress in Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) launched the scheme, which awards Rs 51,000 to students, who score more than 85 per cent in their board exams.
“A total of 45 students of class X benefited from the scholarship last year. However, there were no class XII student who met the eligibility criteria,” Additional Municipal Commissioner Rajendra Jagtap said in reply to the proposal.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
He added that the eligibility for class XII should be made 80 per cent, but for class X it should be 85 per cent. The final decision on it will be taken at the women and child welfare committee.
Five years ago, the PMC had introduced a scheme to award Class X students Rs 15,000 and class XII students Rs 25,000 if they scored over 80 per cent in board exams and if they were residents of PMC area. The class 10 scheme is named after Maulana Abul Kalam Azad and class 12 scheme after Lokshahir Annabhau Sathe.