Even as the rescue work in flood-hit Uttarakhand nears its end,three families in Pimpri-Chinchwad and one inTalegaon still await the safe return of their loved ones who have gone missing following the natural disaster.
Among those missing are three couples two from Chinchwad and one from Sangvi.
Their relatives believe they must have lost their way in the hills and are confident about their safe return. Dhananjay Pawar (60) and his wife Bhagyshree (52) of Tanaji Nagar,Chinchwad,had gone to char dham along with two of their relatives who are missing as well. Mukund Vedpath (59) and his wife Anita (59),also from Pimpri,are missing too.
On the evening of June 15,my father had called up from Kedarnath. He said they were close to the temple precincts and that it was raining,but not heavily. That was the last time I heard from them, said Dhananjays daughter Trupti. She has uploaded the pictures of her parents and relatives on Facebook.
Abhijit Taks parents Eknath and Sunita from Sanghvi were left stranded in a bus for two hours on June 15,a day before the tragedy. I spoke to my father that day and since then there has been no contact. Abhijit went to Uttarakhand to look for his parents but was not allowed to go beyond a certain point.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
In Talegaon,relatives of one Pawar family are hopeful of its return. Vasant Tukaram Pawar (50),his Urmila,their daughter Pallavi (20) and a relative Vasanti Vaikar had travelled to Uttarakhand in a group of nine people. The group had rented a room together. Minutes after they vacated the room on June 17,it was swept away in the foods, said Arjun Survase.
He said the group had decided to return but could not after one Ganesh Pawars son complained of chest pain.
PCMC officials said they have been in contact with the Uttarakhand government and the Army. So far,there has been no news about their whereabouts.