THE Pune police have not made any headway in the investigation into the ‘fake’ MBA admission involving an Iranian student. Matin Haghdast Majidi had allegedly procured a fake letter of the University of Pune’s International Centre for taking admission to an MBA course at the Allana Institute of Management Sciences (AIMS) of MCE society.
An offence was registered against Majidi at the Cantonment police station on March 19. Sub-inspector Sudhir Sakhore, who is the investigating officer, said he did not get time to probe the case due to election work. “We contacted AIMS officials; they have asked us to come on April 2. We will also meet university officials. I could not get time for investigating this case due to election workload,” he said.
Police said an Uttar Pradesh-based man had furnished a guarantee to produce the girl before the Foreigners Registration Office (FRO), Pune, on March 19. Senior police officers confirmed that the guarantor claimed that he was closely associated with UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. Sources said he had also met senior police officers to discuss the case.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
According to the University of Pune, Majidi was not held eligible for MBA but allegedly submitted a fake firm letter of offer with a stamp of the International Centre.
On February 11, the university had issued a letter to the AIMS and FRO that no letter was given to her and an FIR be registered against her. But no FIR was registered as officials of AIMS, university and police kept passing the buck.
Meanwhile, the DCP (FRO) issued a look out circular (LOC) against Majidi on February 14, but she had reportedly left India on February 13.
Majidi was nabbed by the immigration officials at the international airport in Mumbai on March 18. A team of FRO rushed to Mumbai for taking her into custody, but she had been let off by a Mumbai court on a personal bond on the condition that she will appear before the Pune police for inquiry. Police said in the court the UP man had furnished a guarantee to produce her before the FRO on March 19.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (FRO) Sanjay Patil said, “The girl did not appear before us. We will take legal opinion to find out whether it is contempt of court and accordingly decide further action against the guarantor.”
Police said the investigation is likely to expose a fake admission racket. An officer said Majidi also procured a bona fide certificate from AIMS after taking admission and cheated the police by submitting it at the FRO for getting her visa extended.