Four unidentified persons on Tuesday abducted and stripped a driver before robbing him of his vehicle at knife-point in the early hours of Monday.
Driver Santosh Dhondiba Raskar (27),a resident of Nimgaon Bhogi in Shirur,lodged a complaint at Vimantal police station.
Police said Raskar works as a driver for his uncle. He dropped his friend Manesg Kavashte of Shirur at Sadashiv Peth in the early hours of Monday. While going back to Shirur,he felt sleepy and halted at Viman Nagar area on Pune-Ahmednagar Road around 2.15 am,they said.
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
Police said when he was sleeping inside the vehicle four persons approached him around 3 am and asked him to drop them at Ahmednagar. As Raskar refused,one of the suspects forcibly barged into the vehicle and threatened Raskar with a knife. They also forced Raskar to remove his clothes and drove him around in the vehicle for about 20 minutes,they said.
Police said the suspects robbed him of his cellphone,Rs 500 in cash before dumping him near Behre Vrudha Nivas in Kharadi in semi-nude condition. They threw his clothes out of the vehicle and fled from the spot with the vehicle worth Rs 8 lakh. Raskar then called the police and his uncle with the help of a private security guard deployed at a residential complex in Kharadi.