Dengue, H1N1 (swine flu), seasonal influenza are among diseases on the health department radar. Each monsoon brings a fresh onslaught by these viruses and the medical community fears dengue cases may rise in September and October.
At KEM hospital, at least seven dengue cases were reported, said Dr Rajesh Gadia, consulting physician at KEM hospital. Preventing dengue is an urgent need, adds Dr Kanchan Jagtap, Joint Director of Health who registered 1,725 cases across the state and ten deaths. Four patients were from Pune.
Dengue has become endemic and according to Pune Municipal Corporation health officials, 28-30 suspected cases are detected daily. National Institute of Virology scientist Dr Paresh Shah said there has been a rise in samples, with over 2000 being sent from Pune and areas around. There is high transmission of the virus, Shah said adding that there is a need to watch out for secondary infections, once a patient gets dengue. The city reported a prevalence of dengue 2 and dengue 4.
Seasonal influenza cases are rising due to weather conditions, says chest physician Dr Nitin Abhyankar. Gadia said water collected in pots, coconut shells, empty tea cups or such reservoirs form a breeding ground for mosquitoes that spread dengue.
According to Dr Sanjeev Wavare, assistant medical officer, PMC, 1,200 notices have been issued to construction sites to prevent mosquio breeding sites. Till date, 73, 000 breeding sites for aedes aegypti have been identified. Our surveys show that 90 per cent breeding of mosquito is at homes. We have been registering cases from Pune central areas, Ghole Road, Hadapsar and Dhankawadi. Meanwhile, according to Dr Devendra Mourya, Director, NIV, cases of H1N1 virus (swine flu) are sporadic. This shows increasing immunity among against the virus. Jagtap pointed out that there were 48 confirmed H1N1 cases across the state and 21 deaths this year.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched