A magistrate in Pune has ordered that copies of two novels on lives of Sant Dnyaneshwar and Sant Tukaram written by noted writer Anand Yadav be “destroyed”. The complainant Jaisingh More had alleged the content was defamatory.
An order has been passed by the judicial magistrate (First Class) K P Jain. More had filed a complaint alleging that contents of the two novels ‘Santsurya Tukaram and Loksakha Dnyaneshwar’ were defamatory and had no factual basis. More had filed the complaint against Yadav and publisher Mehta Publications and Yadav’s daughter Swati Yadav who holds rights of the book.
Sunil Mehta of Mehta Publications told Newsline, “These two are novels. But the author has meticulously given references to all contents of both the books.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The court has said in the order that copies of the book be destroyed after the period given for the appeal.
Swati Yadav said, “We will appeal in higher court challenging this order of the court in Pune.”
When contacted, Jaisingh More said, “The references made in the novel are baseless and defamatory to the great saints of Maharashtra. The court has fined the author and the publisher.”