Pune district collector Vikas Deshmukh has been appointed the new municipal commissioner of Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) in place of Mahesh Pathak, whose transfer was due as he was to complete three years in May. The state government has also transferred PMC additional municipal commissioner Abhishek Krishna as district collector of Nagpur.
“I am satisfied with my work as the municipal commissioner of PMC. Many infrastructure projects have come up in the city during my tenure. I was to complete three years in May and was expecting a transfer,” Pathak said.
Pathak, a 1991 batch IAS officer, was appointed PMC chief in place of Mahesh Zagade in 2011. Zagade’s transfer was opposed by civic activists saying he had cracked the whip on illegal constructions and land grabbers in the city. They had written to the Chief Minister urging him not to transfer Zagade, who was at Lal Bahadur Shastri IAS Academy in Mussorie for mid-career training.
Deshmukh was joint secretary to CM Prithviraj Chavan before taking over as Pune collector in 2011. Deshmukh said he was satisfied with the work he did done as Pune collector. “I will discuss with Mahesh Pathak before deciding on issues to be focused on in the interests of the city,” he said.
He was recently promoted as secretary but was asked to stay on till further notice. As Pune collector, Deshmukh had focused on expediting land acquisitions and ensuring systematic rehabilitation. He was instrumental in implementing the government at your doorstep scheme and various other programmes such as type plan for economic weaker section and easier sand auction process which saw better implementation of government schemes.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Deshmukh, a 1998 batch IAS officer, had won accolades as CEO of Kolhapur Zillaparishad for his implementation of the Nirmal Gram scheme. His schemes in Satara such as soyabeans donation for anganwadi children to tackle malnutrition and steps to control swine flu outbreak in Panchgani when he was the district collector had also won praise.