Pune district collector Vikas Deshmukh has been appointed the new municipal commissioner of Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) in place of Mahesh Pathak, whose transfer was due as he was to complete three years in May. The state government has also transferred PMC additional municipal commissioner Abhishek Krishna as district collector of Nagpur.
“I am satisfied with my work as the municipal commissioner of PMC. Many infrastructure projects have come up in the city during my tenure. I was to complete three years in May and was expecting a transfer,” Pathak said.
Pathak, a 1991 batch IAS officer, was appointed PMC chief in place of Mahesh Zagade in 2011. Zagade’s transfer was opposed by civic activists saying he had cracked the whip on illegal constructions and land grabbers in the city. They had written to the Chief Minister urging him not to transfer Zagade, who was at Lal Bahadur Shastri IAS Academy in Mussorie for mid-career training.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Deshmukh was joint secretary to CM Prithviraj Chavan before taking over as Pune collector in 2011. Deshmukh said he was satisfied with the work he did done as Pune collector. “I will discuss with Mahesh Pathak before deciding on issues to be focused on in the interests of the city,” he said.
He was recently promoted as secretary but was asked to stay on till further notice. As Pune collector, Deshmukh had focused on expediting land acquisitions and ensuring systematic rehabilitation. He was instrumental in implementing the government at your doorstep scheme and various other programmes such as type plan for economic weaker section and easier sand auction process which saw better implementation of government schemes.
Deshmukh, a 1998 batch IAS officer, had won accolades as CEO of Kolhapur Zillaparishad for his implementation of the Nirmal Gram scheme. His schemes in Satara such as soyabeans donation for anganwadi children to tackle malnutrition and steps to control swine flu outbreak in Panchgani when he was the district collector had also won praise.