Chinchwad MLA Laxman Jagtap met Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday and urged him to make an alternative road available for residents of Bopkhel. Jagtap also urged Parrikar to throw open the Rakshak Society-Kunjirvasti road as its closure is inconveniencing thousands of travellers.
Jagtap, who met Parrikar in New Delhi, said that the defence minister has promised to find a solution to the problems faced by residents. “The defence minister said that he would certainly find a way out by the end of this month,” Jagtap said.
- Laxman Jagtap dares Shrirang Barne to ‘win Maval seat, prove mettle’
- For three days, JCBs and trucks to clear ‘garbage mountain’ in MLA Jagtap’s area
- Right under his nose, a ‘mountain’ of garbage piles up, MLA Jagtap looks on...
- Ministerial berth: Laxman Jagtap or Mahesh Landge? Pimpri-Chinchwad awaits its first honour
- Parrikar in Pune: ‘Will take up Red Zone, defence land issues in Pimpri-Chinchwad on May 31’
- Pune: Bopkhel gets no relief, Parrikar wants a permanent solution
Jagtap said that he has also requested the defence minister to shift six high tension lines in defence land as they are hampering flyover work in Pimple Nilakh area. “The defence minister approved it on priority,” the MLA said. BJP leaders Eknath Pawar, former PCMC school board chairman Chetan Ghule and corporator Shatrughan Kate also accompanied Jagtap during his meeting with Parrikar.
On Monday, the Army removed the pontoon bridge across Mula river at Khadki. The bridge was facilitating commute for Bopkhel residents to Khadki and other areas. Army officials said that the bridge was removed to avoid any untoward incident during the monsoons. This has left the residents highly inconvenienced as they have to travel 18-20 km to reach Pimpri-Chinchwad.
Jagtap said that he urged Parrikar to open up the old road from CME to Dapodi till a new bridge is built for Bhopkel residents. “I urged the defence minister to build a bridge across Mula river like it is done during Kumbh Mela over Ganga river,” Jagtap said.