DAYS after an ‘informal interaction’ at Fergusson College snowballed into a national issue, Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) Vice-Chancellor Vasudeo Gade has issued an appeal requesting the students, teachers and others to be careful while conducting any activity so as not to ‘disturb the peace of educational institutions’.
“Creation of knowledge and spread of brotherhood are among the main objectives of educational campuses. While treading on this path, various talks, debates and symposiums are organised. However, such events should be organised in a cordial and peaceful environment. It’s also important that laws are obeyed and nothing is done that may affect the unity and integrity of the society,” said Gade in the appeal.
- Goals of the week: Leroy Sane nutmeg goal, Philippe Coutinho's free kick
- Shreyas Iyer's ton puts India 'A' in driver's seat against New Zealand 'A' in first unofficial Test
- Nashville church shooting: Gunman injures multiple people at Tennessee chapel
- Hardik Pandya is a star, says India captain Virat Kohli
- England vs West Indies, 3rd ODI: Moeen Ali smashes century as hosts beat West Indies by 124 runs
- 18-year-old Kashmiri ragpicker expresses gratitude for PM Modi's praise, appeals for job
He went on to remind those concerned of the 67 years of ‘glorious history’ of the University and appealed them not to do anything that may violate the credit earned by it.
“Everyone should make sure that nothing should be done that may vitiate the environment of goodwill and cordiality at the University campus, affiliated colleges and recognised institutions,” wrote Gade.