Hamid Dabholkar, son of slain rationalist Narendra Dabholkar and general secretary of the Maharashtra Andhashraddha Nirmulan Samiti (MANS), is in Delhi to request Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday. He will request the minister to closely monitor the investigation into Narendra Dabholkar’s murder case that has been transferred to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
A delegation led by Hamid Dabholkar and comprising MANS executive president Avinash Patil is likely to meet Singh on Tuesday. It is also planning to meet Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi seeking help in the probe and to press for an anti-black magic law at the national level.
“It has been almost a year since the murder but there’s no breakthrough in the investigation so far. Although the probe has now been transferred to the CBI, the agency has done little on ground. This is agonising for us — the family members and colleagues therefore, we have decided to meet the the home minister. We also want to press the newly elected government to enact a the anti-black magic Act at the national level. Hence we are also seeking to meet the Congerss vice-president,” said Hamid.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Meanwhile, the MANS has submitted a formal request to Sanjay Kumar, the Joint-Commissioner of Police, to investigate the allegation that Pune police under the former Commissioner Gulabrao Pol conducted a planchette during investigation into the nationalist’s murder.
The MANS will also submit a written complaint to the Daund police requesting vigilance officer to investigate the case by taking cognisance of the planchette issue as reported in the media.
“We have asked them to investigate the matter by summoning both tantrik Manish Thakur and journalist Ashish Khetan who alleged in his report that such an incident had taken place,” said Hamid.