Hamid Dabholkar, son of slain rationalist Narendra Dabholkar and general secretary of the Maharashtra Andhashraddha Nirmulan Samiti (MANS), is in Delhi to request Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday. He will request the minister to closely monitor the investigation into Narendra Dabholkar’s murder case that has been transferred to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
A delegation led by Hamid Dabholkar and comprising MANS executive president Avinash Patil is likely to meet Singh on Tuesday. It is also planning to meet Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi seeking help in the probe and to press for an anti-black magic law at the national level.
“It has been almost a year since the murder but there’s no breakthrough in the investigation so far. Although the probe has now been transferred to the CBI, the agency has done little on ground. This is agonising for us — the family members and colleagues therefore, we have decided to meet the the home minister. We also want to press the newly elected government to enact a the anti-black magic Act at the national level. Hence we are also seeking to meet the Congerss vice-president,” said Hamid.
Meanwhile, the MANS has submitted a formal request to Sanjay Kumar, the Joint-Commissioner of Police, to investigate the allegation that Pune police under the former Commissioner Gulabrao Pol conducted a planchette during investigation into the nationalist’s murder.
The MANS will also submit a written complaint to the Daund police requesting vigilance officer to investigate the case by taking cognisance of the planchette issue as reported in the media.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“We have asked them to investigate the matter by summoning both tantrik Manish Thakur and journalist Ashish Khetan who alleged in his report that such an incident had taken place,” said Hamid.