City police commissioner Satish Mathur said he ‘would not comment’ on the Bombay HC order to transfer the Dabholkar murder probe to CBI. Mathur had reviewed the investigation in the case after taking charge as Pune police commissioner.
Senior police officers from Navi Mumbai, Solapur, Ahmednagar, Satara and other places had recently joined the special investigation team (SIT) probing the case. During an Idea Exchange at The Indian Express, Mathur had said he was against handing over this case to any other agency as his team was doing “good work”.
However, the city police had been able to arrest only two alleged arms dealers Manish Nagori and Vikas Khandelwal, both residents of Ichalkaranji in Kolhapur district in this case. They were arrested on January 20.
Interestingly, the two were earlier arrested by the Thane police from Mumbra on August 20, the day of Dabholkar’s murder.
Apparently, Pune police had failed to file charge sheet against them within the stipulated 90 days period after the arrest, following which on April 21, the magistrate court had granted them bail.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The police, however, maintained that they have incriminating evidence against the two suspects as the ballistic analysis of the three weapons recovered from the Thane police showed that one pistol matched with the bullets recovered from Dabholkar’s body.