The Pune Customs Commissionerate on Friday disposed of drugs comprising 1,471 kg ganja and 7.5 kg charas by burning it in a furnace at Markal in Khed taluka.
Customs officials said these drugs were recovered in 15 cases in which they had arrested 34 people and seized seven vehicles.
In a release, Vasa Seshagiri Rao, Pune Customs Commissioner, said the narcotics drugs were disposed of as per the orders from the sessions court (NDPS) in Pune.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
As per the provisions of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act, a narcotics drugs disposal committee has to be constituted by commissioner of customs to destroy the seized contraband.
The committee headed by Additional Commissioner of Customs Gopi Nath, which comprises Joint Commissioner Sunita Pandey, Assistant Commissioner Rajesh Ramarao and Assistant Commissioner B C Sahu, burnt the seized ganja and charas valued at Rs 64,67,640 between 10.30 am and 1.30 pm.