The Pune Customs Commissionerate on Friday disposed of drugs comprising 1,471 kg ganja and 7.5 kg charas by burning it in a furnace at Markal in Khed taluka.
Customs officials said these drugs were recovered in 15 cases in which they had arrested 34 people and seized seven vehicles.
In a release, Vasa Seshagiri Rao, Pune Customs Commissioner, said the narcotics drugs were disposed of as per the orders from the sessions court (NDPS) in Pune.
As per the provisions of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act, a narcotics drugs disposal committee has to be constituted by commissioner of customs to destroy the seized contraband.
The committee headed by Additional Commissioner of Customs Gopi Nath, which comprises Joint Commissioner Sunita Pandey, Assistant Commissioner Rajesh Ramarao and Assistant Commissioner B C Sahu, burnt the seized ganja and charas valued at Rs 64,67,640 between 10.30 am and 1.30 pm.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation