Despite being given an opportunity in the general body meeting to suggest changes in the draft Development Plan (DP) of the old city, many corporators showed up for the public hearing on draft DP in the capacity of common citizens to seek changes in the proposed DP.
“The ruling alliance did not include our objections raised in the general body meeting. Since there was no other option, we had to participate in the public hearing. If they are not able to hear us as corporators, then we will approach them as citizen,” said a BJP corporator.
Among those who participated in the hearing included corporators from the opposition parties BJP, MNS and Shiv Sena and a few from the ruling NCP-Congress alliance.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
While BJP corporators Manisha Ghate and Dhananjay Jadhav objected to reservation for proposed garden and a parking bay in Sadashiv Peth, Medha Kulkarni rued the shifting of parking reservation in Erandwane. Corporator Srinath Bhimale sought reservation for slum rehabilitation project at a place reserved for primary school in Guruwar Peth.
MNS corporator Ravindra Dhangekar wants widening of a road in Kasba Peth and sought increase in number of reserved plots for civic amenities. While corporator Sangeet Tikone objected to reservation for water bodies in Kasba Peth as proposed by the civic administration to streamline the water supply in central part of city, corporator Rupali Patil Thombare objected to various reservations proposed in Shukarwar Peth.
Shiv Sena corporator Prashant Badhe objected to change in reservation for residential structures to commercial alongside Laxmi Road saying the civic administration has already made provisions for commercial establishment in the area.
From the ruling alliance, NCP corporator Udaykant Andekar has demanded that the civic administration declare the Mangalwar Peth as a congested area and develop the area.
Congress corporator Sunanda Gadale has demanded that the reservation for HCMTR on Ring Road be shifted from the central part of the city and also objected to reservation for play ground and maternity home in the peth area. Another party corporator Sanjay Balgude has objected to road widening in Gurwar Peth.
He said the DP would decide the development of the city for the next 20 years and there should not be any injustice to citizens.