The UP Police have asked social networking site Facebook to remove a video that shows two persons being beaten to death by a mob. They said the video wrongly claims that the incident is of Kawal village in Muzaffarnagar where on August 27 two persons were beaten to death by locals after they allegedly killed a youth from the minority community.
The video is old and has no connection with the Kawal village incident,the police clarified.
Assistant Superintendent of Police Swapnil Mamgain said one Shivam Kumar downloaded the video from Youtube and posted it on Facebook,asking people to see what is going on in Muzaffarnagar.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The video was shared by many people,including BJP MLA from Sardhana in Meerut Sangeet Som.
The police Monday registered an FIR against the MLA,Shivam Kumar,and 229 unidentified persons for sharing the video. They have been booked under Sections 420 (forgery),153-A (promoting enmity on religious grounds) and 120-B (conspiracy) of the IPC and Section 66 of the Information Technology Act at the Kotwali police station in Muzaffarnagar.
Inspector of the Kotwali police station Satya Pal Singh said the number of people who have shared the video have crossed 500 by now.
The Assistant SP said they have also sought details about Shivam Kumar who downloaded the video. He added that after the FIR was lodged,some people have deleted the video from their account.
MLA Som said a youth in his office had only liked the video and did not share it with anyone. I don’t know why have the police dragged my name in the case. I came to know about it yesterday. No policemen has contacted me yet, he said.
On August 27,according to a complaint lodged with police,one Gaurav and his cousin Sachin of Malikpura village attacked Shahnawaz of Kawal village with knives after latter passed lewd remarks on their two female cousins. Shahnawaz suffered grievous injuries in the attack. While locals rushed him to hospital,others caught hold of Sachin and Gaurav and lynched them. Shahnawaz died during treatment.
Two separate cases have been lodged. Seven persons have been named for the murder of Gaurav and Sachin while eight have been booked for Shahnawaz’s murder.
Following the incident,both villages have been witnessing widespread protests with the administration imposing section 144 CrPC there.