WITH THE Congress deciding to contest the legislative council seat from the Pune local authority constituency, a straight fight between the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) and Congress is expected as the two have a strong presence in the local civic bodies in the district. The last date of filing nominations is November 2, while voting would take place on November 19 and counting of votes on November 22. The election has been necessitated as the term of the legislator representing the Pune local authority council seat is set to expire on December 5.
The Congress was the first to declare Sanjay Jagtap, the chief of Pune district Congress, as its candidate, instead of forging an alliance with the NCP. The NCP has decided to give the party ticket to sitting MLC Anil Bhosale and he is expected to file his nomination on Wednesday.
Watch What Else Is Making News
Bhosale managed to get the party ticket despite strong claims by Pune Mayor Prashant Jagtap, senior NCP leaders Appa Renuse and Ravindra Malvadkar, sources said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Meanwhile, entrepreneur Ganesh Gaikwad has announced that he would be filing his nomination as an Independent candidate for the seat with the support of MLA Laxman Jagtap of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
The BJP is reportedly undecided on contesting the seat but has shortlisted sitting corporator Ashok Yenpure as its candidate if the party contests the seat. The NCP holds most of the seats in local civic bodies in the district while the Congress has the second largest number of elected representatives in the civic bodies, which are the voters for the legislative council seat.