Local Congress MLC Mohan Joshi has approached the Election Commission of India with a demand to count the advertising expenses on TV programmes of Yoga guru Ramdev Baba as BJP’s election expenditure.
Terming Ramdev as “chief worker” of BJP, Joshi said Ramdev had been carrying out “devoted” work for the party and “openly” participating in its election campaign by sharing the dais with top leaders, including prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
“Under the garb of his Yoga institution, he (Ramdev) is publishing his photographs and is canvassing for his party while displaying his yoga moves in the media. These displays and photos are being aired daily, on all national news channels. This is nothing but propaganda and canvassing for BJP…” Joshi’s letter to the EC reads.
It adds: “The expenses sponsored by placing advertisements in…media definitely come under the purview of election expenses. To avoid the restrictions put by you (the EC), these tactics are adopted and followed by BJP…”
Demanding stern action against both the BJP and Ramdev, Joshi has also sought an immediate ban on all sponsorships and advertisements on news channels with immediate effect.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016