Local Congress MLC Mohan Joshi has approached the Election Commission of India with a demand to count the advertising expenses on TV programmes of Yoga guru Ramdev Baba as BJP’s election expenditure.
Terming Ramdev as “chief worker” of BJP, Joshi said Ramdev had been carrying out “devoted” work for the party and “openly” participating in its election campaign by sharing the dais with top leaders, including prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
“Under the garb of his Yoga institution, he (Ramdev) is publishing his photographs and is canvassing for his party while displaying his yoga moves in the media. These displays and photos are being aired daily, on all national news channels. This is nothing but propaganda and canvassing for BJP…” Joshi’s letter to the EC reads.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
It adds: “The expenses sponsored by placing advertisements in…media definitely come under the purview of election expenses. To avoid the restrictions put by you (the EC), these tactics are adopted and followed by BJP…”
Demanding stern action against both the BJP and Ramdev, Joshi has also sought an immediate ban on all sponsorships and advertisements on news channels with immediate effect.