Certain traffic changes have been made on the newly-inaugurated COEP flyover to further decongest the engineering college chowk and the Sancheti Chowk.
In a press release, Deputy Commissioner of police (traffic) Pravin Mundhe on Wednesday said the new changes will be temporary till the COEP flyover fully opens to traffic. Last week, the second arm of the flyover was opened, leaving just the third arm now.
The latest change includes the main flyover allowing two-way flow of traffic. Traffic heading towards Pimpri-Chinchwad and Mumbai from Sancheti Hospital side has been advised to use the flyover from engineering college chowk to Patil Estate area.
Earlier, vehicles from Sancheti side were using the road below the flyover.
Vehicles coming from Khadki, Pimpri-Chinchwad and Mumbai and heading towards Sancheti Chowk have been advised to use the new flyover. At the same time, vehicles going towards Sangamwadi area and RTO have been directed not to use the flyover. They have asked to use the road on left side of Patil Estate slum instead.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
The traffic police have urged vehicles coming from Pimpri-Chinchwad side and Sangamwadi and heading towards Shivajanagar and Sancheti chowk to use the flyover and avoid using the road below it.
When contacted, Mundhe said they were making efforts to streamline the traffic on the COEP flyover and below, especially after opening of the second arm of the flyover. “The changes are temporary. After the third arm of the flyover is opened, it will completely ease the traffic problem at the chowk,” he said.