Certain traffic changes have been made on the newly-inaugurated COEP flyover to further decongest the engineering college chowk and the Sancheti Chowk.
In a press release, Deputy Commissioner of police (traffic) Pravin Mundhe on Wednesday said the new changes will be temporary till the COEP flyover fully opens to traffic. Last week, the second arm of the flyover was opened, leaving just the third arm now.
The latest change includes the main flyover allowing two-way flow of traffic. Traffic heading towards Pimpri-Chinchwad and Mumbai from Sancheti Hospital side has been advised to use the flyover from engineering college chowk to Patil Estate area.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Earlier, vehicles from Sancheti side were using the road below the flyover.
Vehicles coming from Khadki, Pimpri-Chinchwad and Mumbai and heading towards Sancheti Chowk have been advised to use the new flyover. At the same time, vehicles going towards Sangamwadi area and RTO have been directed not to use the flyover. They have asked to use the road on left side of Patil Estate slum instead.
The traffic police have urged vehicles coming from Pimpri-Chinchwad side and Sangamwadi and heading towards Shivajanagar and Sancheti chowk to use the flyover and avoid using the road below it.
When contacted, Mundhe said they were making efforts to streamline the traffic on the COEP flyover and below, especially after opening of the second arm of the flyover. “The changes are temporary. After the third arm of the flyover is opened, it will completely ease the traffic problem at the chowk,” he said.