Yerawada, Lohegaon, Kondwa, and parts of Shivajinagar got heavy showers on Tuesday, and the meteorological department recorded 23.4 mm of rainfall in a little less than an hour. Meteorological department officials stated that the “cloudburst” was a local development.
“These are quite usual developments which occur and do not have anything to do with any depression that could have caused the rainfall,” said a meteorology official. They have forecast more showers for Wednesday.
With most days from June to August 19 recording less rainfall and only nine days seeing normal and above normal rainfall, the figure for the season is 411.0 mm, which is beyond the normal by 3.6 mm. August saw only nine days when rainfall was above normal, from August 5-13.
Monsoon recorded in the country was 87 per cent of normal. Regional estimates show it was 76 per cent of long period average (LPA) over northwest India, 89 per cent over Central India, 87 per cent of over south peninsula and 93 per cent of the LPA over north east India.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016