The University of Pune (UoP) and Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) are likely to embark upon joint educational projects soon. While the civic body has approached the university with a proposal to develop a state-of-the-art library on its campus, UoP has proposed a modern science park within PMC’s jurisdiction.
“I have had around five meetings with Mayor Chanchala Kodre. PMC is keen to establish a library-cum-study centre on our campus. An official letter was sent to the effect. At our level, we are keen to set up a science park outside the campus with the help of PMC. A proposal to this effect was also discussed with Mayor,” said UoP vice-chancellor Wasudeo Gade.
Gade said both proposals will be tabled before the meeting of the management council on March 5. The varsity is enthusiastic about these proposals and a favourable decision is likely during the meeting, he added. Kodre said she has ensured a provision of Rs 1.5 crore in the annual budget for 2014-15 for the proposed library-cum-study centre, and equal allocation would be made in next year’s budget.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“The proposed library will be for citizens of all age groups. It will house different genres of books and will also function as a study centre for students. Currently, the city has very few study centres,’’ said the Mayor. “Pune is known as an educational hub. The proposed library-cum-study centre would be developed on the lines of the famous Jaykar Library of UoP. Efforts would be made to develop it in such a way that it would enhance Pune’s reputation as the knowledge city,” she added.
On UoP’s proposal of developing a science park and facilitating land for it, Kodre said PMC is keen to take it up. “The future course of action will be discussed soon after joint consultations,” she added.