Officials of Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) have been running from pillar to post to relocate two postal and telegraph (P&T) wellness centres as there is acute shortage of space in the city. A year since the P & T centres were merged with the CGHS, officials are struggling to find alternate locations.
For last one year, the CGHS dispensaries, which were renamed as wellness centres, have extended the facility to the employees and pensioners of the telecom and the postal department. Two such postal dispensaries are located at Bajirao road and Camp. However, since the property belongs to private parties, the CGHS authorities have been directed to vacate the premises at the earliest. “How can we vacate them when there is no place in the government buildings for relocation?” CGHS officials asked.
The officers have sent letters to the Pune Municipal Commissioner, Director General All India Radio, Central Water and Power Research Station (CWPRS) and other heads of the central government departments to allocate some space for the wellness centres. There are nine wellness centres at Akurdi, Mangalwar Peth, Hidayatullah road, Yerawada, near Gole market, Range hills estate, Mukund Nagar, Shukrawar Peth, GT street at Camp. Around one lakh beneficiaries including pensioners and serving employees avail the facility of these centres.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In August last year,19 dispensaries of the P &T department were merged with the CGHS facility across Pune, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Ranchi, Shillong, Jaipur, Jammu, Bhubaneshwar, Dehradun, Lucknow and Guwahati. According to the directive of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare all serving employees and pensioners of postal and telecom departments have to abide by the CGHS rules.
“We have written to the Pune Municipal Commissioner to allocate some space at Kamala Nehru hospital,” CGHS officials said. While All India Radio officials have an old guest house at Magarpatta, the renovation work itself is likely to run into crores. The CWPRS facility at Khadakwasla is also too far from the city and it would be difficult for the patients to travel to seek treatment and hence the CGHS officials are looking for alternate spaces.
Shortage of funds has also been an issue for sometime. The only X-ray machine at the CGHS in Pune has been lying defunct for two years now while at the main facility in Mukund Nagar the sonography machine has been partially non-functional.
CGHS goes online
The CGHS has launched its website http://www.cghspune.gov.in that provides information about its nine wellness centres with names of doctors, location of the centres and the contact numbers.
Apart from listing the empanelled hospitals with the scheme, instructions have also been given on how to claim bills under the CGHS. The status of the individual plastic cards to the beneficiaries has been provided.
These cards are valid across all the CGHS wellness centres across the country.