CoEP alumnus Pritam Gharate, who has scored 99.99 percentile, and IT professional Sanket Take, who has got 99.95 percentile, are among those who have excelled in the Common Admission Test (CAT). The results were declared on Tuesday afternoon.
However, the results evoked sharp reactions from candidates, who are complaining about the normalisation process.
Gaurav Bakliwal of Bakliwal Tutorials said candidates are specifically complaining about their scores in verbal section. “Since CAT is held in slots during a designated period, authorities use the normalisation process to decide the scores. Many candidates have approached us with complaints about being at receiving end of this process, especially in the verbal section,” he said.
Candidates have demanded that old paper-pencil format be restored.
CAT 2013 was conducted in 76 test centres across 40 cities over a 20-day testing window from October 16 to November 11, 2013.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
While the test is prerequisite for admissions to various management programmes of prestigious IIMs, CAT score is also accepted by many reputed B-schools across the country. List of non-IIM member institutions that have registered to avail CAT 2013 score is available on the official website.
Gharate said he wishes to take admission in either Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad or Chennai. “It was my second attempt. The difficulty level was relatively high for the 2013 examination. With a 99.99 percentile, I am hopeful that I would get a seat in the desired IIM based on my performance in further screening,” he said.
Take said taking several mock tests resulted in a good CAT score.
Eight candidates have managed to score 100 percentile, while 10 have got 99.99.
Candidates can log into http://www.cat2013.iimidr.ac.in to get their results.