CoEP alumnus Pritam Gharate, who has scored 99.99 percentile, and IT professional Sanket Take, who has got 99.95 percentile, are among those who have excelled in the Common Admission Test (CAT). The results were declared on Tuesday afternoon.
However, the results evoked sharp reactions from candidates, who are complaining about the normalisation process.
Gaurav Bakliwal of Bakliwal Tutorials said candidates are specifically complaining about their scores in verbal section. “Since CAT is held in slots during a designated period, authorities use the normalisation process to decide the scores. Many candidates have approached us with complaints about being at receiving end of this process, especially in the verbal section,” he said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Candidates have demanded that old paper-pencil format be restored.
CAT 2013 was conducted in 76 test centres across 40 cities over a 20-day testing window from October 16 to November 11, 2013.
While the test is prerequisite for admissions to various management programmes of prestigious IIMs, CAT score is also accepted by many reputed B-schools across the country. List of non-IIM member institutions that have registered to avail CAT 2013 score is available on the official website.
Gharate said he wishes to take admission in either Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad or Chennai. “It was my second attempt. The difficulty level was relatively high for the 2013 examination. With a 99.99 percentile, I am hopeful that I would get a seat in the desired IIM based on my performance in further screening,” he said.
Take said taking several mock tests resulted in a good CAT score.
Eight candidates have managed to score 100 percentile, while 10 have got 99.99.
Candidates can log into http://www.cat2013.iimidr.ac.in to get their results.