In a major relief to the agitating domestic workers in the city and other parts of Maharashtra, state Labour Minister Hassan Mushrif has agreed to order the labour commissionerates to start work of registering the names of workers eligible for pension. Mushrif also has increased the age limit for pension to 65 years.
Domestic workers in Pune have been agitating against discontinuing the issuance of identity cards. The office of the labour commissioner cited lack of manpower and computers for discontinuing the work. Also, the domestic workers wanted the age limit for pension to be increased to 65 years from the existing 60 years.
On Wednesday, a delegation of domestic workers met the labour minister to discuss their long pending issues. After the meeting, the minister agreed to their demands and ordered the labour commissioners to follow the directions.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
A special meeting will be convened soon to discuss the issue of insurance for domestic workers.