A 13-year-old boy was injured after he received an electric shock from overhead electric lines when he climbed up a goods train stationed at the Chinchwad railway station Friday evening.
The boy, identified as Abhishek Narad Ram, a class VII student, has been admitted to Yashwantrao Chavan Memorial Hospital in Pimpri with 40 per cent burns.
Watch What Else is Making News
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
The boy’s father is a daily-wage worker while mother is a housemaid.
According to Government Railway Police (GRP), the boy had tried similar feat of climbing up a train in the past as well but was stopped by them.
“He received a shock from the high-tension overhead wire and was thrown off the top of the bogey. He also received injuries on his head which hit the platform when he fell,” the GRP said.