Jaswant Mataprasad Singh, injured when an IED on a motorcycle at the parking lot of Faraskhana and Vishrambaug police stations went off, had some agonising moments at Sassoon hospital on Saturday after he complained that his headache had not subsided.
Jaswant (23), discharged after preliminary treatment on Thursday had said his head was paining when he was called to be quizzed by police teams.
Jaswant, who works at Shree Swami Samatha Snacks Centre, told shop owner Dattatraya Jadhav, the head of Shiv Sena for Cantonment, about the need of a proper check-up. Jadhav got him admitted to Sassoon Hospital on Saturday. Claiming that the hospital failed to give him proper treatment due to a snag in the CT scanner, Shiv Sainiks picked a quarrel with doctors.
They took him to Ruby Hall clinic where they said a metal piece had been deteceted in a CT scan.
“We understand the importance of investigations in a terror attack. Jaswant’s health is equally important. So we admitted him to Sassoon hospital around 1 pm. But he was not given treatment till evening. Doctors said the CT scanner was not working,” Jadhav said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Dr D G Kulkarni, medical superintendent of Sassoon, said, “The patient was given proper treatment. He complained of headache. There was some technical problem in the machine. Such problems can occur with any CT scan machine. Our technical team was solving the problem. But the patient was not willing to wait.”
Sena office bearers, including Sanjay More, vice president of Shiv Sena, Pune city, Jadhav and Javed Khan got Jaswant discharged from hospital around 8.30 pm and took him to Ruby Hall Clinic. “It was only after we raised our voice that Sassoon hospital pressed technicians into service for repairing the CT scan machine. But treatment was getting delayed. So we are taking him to Ruby Hall Clinic. Sena will bear the cost of treatment,” More said.
The CT scan was done at Ruby Hall Clinic. More said a small metal piece was detected in his head. Doctors said an operation would be done on Sunday to remove it. “We got him to Ruby Hall Clinic in time. Otherwise, the injury would have been serious,” he said.
Unidentified persons had parked the motorcycle in the parking lot reserved for police in front of the snacks centre near Dadgusheth temple, which has been on the terror radar. From CCTV footage it is suspected that the motorcycle was parked in the morning of July 10.
Jaswant is from Uttar Pradesh and said there is nobody in Pune to take care of him. He had been been employed at the shop for a few months and lives in Hadapsar. “Police have been good with me. But I have constant headache. I wish to get well soon and start working again,” he said.
State Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) chief Himanshu Roy was in Pune monitoring investigations. ATS is yet to find anyone who has seen the person park the motorcycle. Snack shop owner Jadhav said, “We open the eatery around 8.30 am. Many visit the eatery and park vehicles around. It is difficult to remember their faces. Also, we are not sure whether the motorcycle was parked before we opened the snacks center or after.”