Former BJP corporator and party office-bearer Deepak alias Baba Misal was remanded in police custody for four days on Friday after he was produced before a magisterial court by Sahkarnagar Police.
Misal was arrested on Thursday in connection with an attempt-to-murder case in which Rajendra Deshmukh, executive president of a city-based sports club, had alleged that six men had tried to kill him on the directions of Misal.
The incident had occurred on December 2, 2014 when the assailants had allegedly attacked Deshmukh with sharp weapons 22 times and then had fired two bullets, injuring him grievously. After surgeries Deshmukh had survived.
Police had earlier arrested Parag Ashok Shah, 41, of Deep Bangalow Chowk and Jagdish Shrimant Shivekar, 27, of Ravet for trying to kill Deshmukh.
According to Sahkarnagar Police the attack was a fallout of a past dispute between Deshmukh and Misal and had hence booked the latter.
Misal had moved the Bombay High Court for anticipatory bail but his application was rejected.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Police requested the court for weeklong custody arguing that they wanted to probe and arrest other men who might have been a part of the conspiracy of the attack and are still absconding.
The JMFC court sent Misal to police custody till January 20.