Resuming after two weeks, hearing on the draft development plan witnessed yet another chaotic situation on Monday with local leaders of the BJP and Shiv Sena halting the process again, alleging that the civic administration had failed to send communique to all the residents who had filed suggestions and objections.
NCP leader Bapu Karne, a member of the special committee hearing the suggestions and objections, said they had started the proceeding at the schedule time in the morning but BJP leaders halted it, creating a ruckus. “The hearing was postponed by 15 days after objections were raised over many citizens not receiving the communication sent by the civic administration. Now, they objected to the hearing again,” he said, adding that the BJP was unnecessarily halting the hearing.
City Congress chief Abhay Chhajed, also a member of the committee, said the BJP was trying to politicise the matter. “We would continue to conduct hearings and listen to every citizen. Halting the proceeding is not going to help and would unnecessarily add to the problems of the residents who travel all the way to the civic headquarters to submit their opinion on the draft DP,” he added.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
An NCP leader said the BJP was causing hurdles in the procedure of finalising the development plan, hoping that the BJP-Sena alliance would come to power in the forthcoming Assembly elections and then finalise the development plan to its liking.
The local units of BJP and Shiv Sena staged protest outside the civic headquarters alleging that the civic administration was hushing up the public hearing. A few party leaders barged into the hall where the hearing was being conducted and continued with the precess. This went on till evening even as the residents coming to attend the hearing were left stranded.
“The BJP protest is in the interest of Puneites. The civic administration is doing injustice to the public by not calling every complainant to the hearing. The civic communication has not reached many of the citizens but the hearing is going on,” said Yogesh Gogawale of the BJP.
He said every resident raising objection to the draft DP should be invited for public hearing as it was their right.