Resuming after two weeks, hearing on the draft development plan witnessed yet another chaotic situation on Monday with local leaders of the BJP and Shiv Sena halting the process again, alleging that the civic administration had failed to send communique to all the residents who had filed suggestions and objections.
NCP leader Bapu Karne, a member of the special committee hearing the suggestions and objections, said they had started the proceeding at the schedule time in the morning but BJP leaders halted it, creating a ruckus. “The hearing was postponed by 15 days after objections were raised over many citizens not receiving the communication sent by the civic administration. Now, they objected to the hearing again,” he said, adding that the BJP was unnecessarily halting the hearing.
City Congress chief Abhay Chhajed, also a member of the committee, said the BJP was trying to politicise the matter. “We would continue to conduct hearings and listen to every citizen. Halting the proceeding is not going to help and would unnecessarily add to the problems of the residents who travel all the way to the civic headquarters to submit their opinion on the draft DP,” he added.
An NCP leader said the BJP was causing hurdles in the procedure of finalising the development plan, hoping that the BJP-Sena alliance would come to power in the forthcoming Assembly elections and then finalise the development plan to its liking.
The local units of BJP and Shiv Sena staged protest outside the civic headquarters alleging that the civic administration was hushing up the public hearing. A few party leaders barged into the hall where the hearing was being conducted and continued with the precess. This went on till evening even as the residents coming to attend the hearing were left stranded.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“The BJP protest is in the interest of Puneites. The civic administration is doing injustice to the public by not calling every complainant to the hearing. The civic communication has not reached many of the citizens but the hearing is going on,” said Yogesh Gogawale of the BJP.
He said every resident raising objection to the draft DP should be invited for public hearing as it was their right.