A green corridor was created from Aurangabad to Pune for transporting a liver to Sahy-adri Hospital at around 10.40 am in about 3.5 hours (normally it takes 6 hours). This was due to the combined efforts of Pune and Aurangabad police. The liver of a 33-year-old man who was declared brain dead at Auranga-bad was transported to Pune and successfully transplanted in a 55-year-old suffering from chronic liver diseases.
- Declared brain dead on May 5: In death, 15-year-old boy saves 4 lives
- A painter needs your help for his only child’s expensive liver transplant
- Kolhapur-Pune Green Corridor facilitates liver transplant
- ‘If cadaver donations are high, there would be no need for live donations’
- Green corridor between Aurangabad and Pune saves life of 41-year-old
- Pune: Two green corridors created in a day for organ transplant
Bipin Vibhute, Liver & Multi Organ Transplant & Hepatobilli-ary Surgeon, Sahyadri Hospital, said, “In the last few months, since its inception, Sahyadri’s Centre for Organ Transplant has performed 11 successful liver transplants. This is the second time in the last few months that a liver has been transported to Sahyadri Hospital via a green corridor for a transplant.”