State home minister R R Patil on Thursday visited the blast site and held a meeting with senior police officers, following which he announced that the probe would be carried out by the Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS).
“We consider it a challenge posed to the police, and I am confident that those responsible would be nabbed,” Patil said after the meeting.
He added that the investigation would be carried out by the ATS and all possible manpower would be provided to them.
The intensity of the blast was low, but the details of the material used could be known only after the report was issued by the forensic department, Patil said. The home minister clarified that there was no alert from any intelligence agency, but the city police were on high alert.
As the Shiv Sena-BJP opposition led by local MLA Girish Bapat protested against the state government for the delay in the installation of CCTV cameras across the city, Patil said the work was on and all the problems related to it would soon be resolved.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“I have issued directions that the work to install cameras in zone 1 and zone 2 be done before the Ganpati festival,” he said, adding that the private agency would be provided all possible help to complete the work.
Patil appealed to the citizens to inform the police of any suspicious activity or person observed by them in the city.