State home minister R R Patil on Thursday visited the blast site and held a meeting with senior police officers, following which he announced that the probe would be carried out by the Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS).
“We consider it a challenge posed to the police, and I am confident that those responsible would be nabbed,” Patil said after the meeting.
He added that the investigation would be carried out by the ATS and all possible manpower would be provided to them.
The intensity of the blast was low, but the details of the material used could be known only after the report was issued by the forensic department, Patil said. The home minister clarified that there was no alert from any intelligence agency, but the city police were on high alert.
As the Shiv Sena-BJP opposition led by local MLA Girish Bapat protested against the state government for the delay in the installation of CCTV cameras across the city, Patil said the work was on and all the problems related to it would soon be resolved.
“I have issued directions that the work to install cameras in zone 1 and zone 2 be done before the Ganpati festival,” he said, adding that the private agency would be provided all possible help to complete the work.
Patil appealed to the citizens to inform the police of any suspicious activity or person observed by them in the city.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More